Who else loves soup apart from me? Potato soup is one of my best faves. I tasted it in a church pot luck and asked the cook what the ingredients are. Then I modified it and voila!
I normally don’t measure the ingredients but for the sake of my dear visitors, I did just this once.
30G Soy Butter or 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
2 Celery Stalks preferably with Leaves
A Handful of Fresh Sweet Corn
You can also add a carrot and some leeks.
- Dice potatoes and sauté in butter or oil.
- After 5 minutes add the vegetable cube and stir until it has melted.
- Add 1L of water and boil for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the other vegetables. (Test if the saltiness is just right add salt if necessary.)
- Put the celery leaves last. Remove from heat and add fresh or dried herbs.
- Allow to cool and blend with a hand blander or just leave it like that if you to prefer to have some chunky bites.