The original Pad Thai uses rice noodles. Its unique feature is tamarind juice which gives it a distinct sour element that tickles your palate. Unlike the common noodle soup, Pad Thai is fried together with the other ingredients.
For this modified Pad Thai Recipe you need the following
2-3 Egg noodles
1 pack bean sprouts
4-5 Cloves of garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Tamarind sauce
Salt or soy sauce
A handful of chives or spring onions
2 Eggs for the wrap, optional
- Boil 500mL of water with half teaspoon of salt. Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the noodles and sprouts and stir for a few times until they mix well.
- Add the tamarind sauce and soy sauce or salt and stir again to incorporate the seasoning.
- Prepare the fried egg in a separate pan.
- Serve with chives and a slice of lemon.