For the love of potatoes, I have to learn how to prepare them in many different ways. As much as I love chips, they can be boring on their own. So I learned how to make scallops in the simplest way without jeopardising the taste. …and this is what I came up with.
Easy Vegan Potato Scallops
1.5 Kg potatoes
1 Cup tomato sauce or any pasta sauce
1 Large Onion
2 Tbsp oil
Salt, pepper and herbs of choice
1. Grease a large baking tray.
2. Cut onion in rings and lay at the base.
3. Cut potatoes in thin slices.
4. Lay them one layer at a time. Dash some salt and pepper every layer.
5. Spread half of the tomato sauce halfway through the process.
6. Finish using all the potatoes and pour the remaining tomato sauce.
7. Sprinkle the herbs and bake at 400F/200C/Gas 6. For about an hour or until the top is slightly burnt. Poke with fork to test the softness.