Chocolate balls, anyone? How about raw, vegan chocolate balls that is sugar-free? Here’s a very simple way to do it.
Unless sprouted or soaked, most nuts are acid forming except almonds. In fact, considering my high acidity, I use almond milk as my antacid.
Apart from their protein content, Almonds are a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. But take note, we only need about 30 grams of nuts and seeds per day.
Now, for the chocolate balls recipe you need:
- 1 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds, soaked for at least 6 hours and peeled or 1 Cup of Ground Almonds
- 10 Dates, pitted
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Raw Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Coco Powder or Carob Powder
- Grind the almonds until they resemble a granulated sugar.
- Add the mixed nuts and roughly grind them or you can leave them whole.
- Add the dates and the coco powder. Grind until the mixture turns into a sticky lump. If you are using dried dates, it’s better to soak them first for at least half day.
- Form them into a ball or a bar and enjoy!